Horizontal slurry pumps
Horizontal fluid pump is one of the most basic and most important pumps for wet mineral processing. Typically, where the drives and bearings are stored outside the slurry, the horizontal Slurry pumps are installed dry and”wet end” is always closed. The pump should always be empty of any fluid and liquid in surrounded and the pump should be installed separately and free standing.
Usually using a special arrangement using horizontal pumps with”wet end” (and bearings) for dredging operations. This activity requires some sealing and special sealing arrangements for the bearings required.
With a kind of shaft, the horizontal fluid pumps Impellers are supported that is in turn carried on anti-friction bearing.by Using oil or grease, lubrication bearings are generally done. The propeller is always installed in most liquid pumps at the bottom of the shaft. The driven axle is usually also made up of belt buckles or a flexible coupling, which can either be driven by a gearbox or without a gearbox.
The diameter of the shaft in the axle seal D (mm), the length of the lining or L (mm), which starts from the wet end bearing tolerance to the center line of the impeller, is the main factor of the shaft or SFF’s flexibility factor that call SFF, which is L3 / D4 Is defined. In fact, this is the amount of sensitivity to the deviation, which plays a decisive role in the seal and its useful life. The usual SFF values are generally used for horizontal Slurry pumps 0.2-0.75.
Horizontal Pump types
- Type XM = the pump is covered with extra metal parts and is used as an extra heavy slurry pump
- Type XR = Pump covered with strong rubber parts and used as an extra heavy slurry pump.
- Type HM = Pump covered with metal parts and used as a heavy Duty pump
- Type HR = Pump covered with rubber parts and used as a heavy Duty pump
- Type HG = Which is known as the Heavy Gravel Pump
- Type HP = Pump with high pressure and high capacity
- Type HT = Pump that is used for heavy tunneling
- Type MM = Pump covered with metal parts and known as a Mining Duty Slurry Pump
- Type MR = Pump covered with rubber parts and used as a Mining Duty Slurry Pump
Today, there are a wide range of heavy metal and rubber diesel pumps on the market that are known as an abrasive pump, and are used as liquid vertical pumps for heavy duty (HM, HR) or mining operations (MR, MM ) used.
The characteristics of these pumps include:
- Very long life span
- The metal or rubber casing is highly resistant to corrosion and wear
- It has a thicker and thicker coating in known areas that have more wear.
- It has a very good elastomeric property against wear
- Their metal and rubber coated parts are capable of being replaced for a variety of applications
- If necessary, the customer will be able to add specific optional materials
- Precise selection with the highest quality and efficiency tailored to the type of application of the pump coating to withstand abrasion and environmental conditions.
- To improve the wear resistance, the dual-centered dual adjustment feature is available
- Fits for specific applications
- Suitable for extraction of mineral minerals from mines
- Highly abrasive slurries
- SAG and AG capabilities for discharge recirculation duties
- have a Cyclone feed
- Mine refuse and tailings
- Industrial processing
- coal ash and power plant
- Abrasive waste mines
- Liquid transfer pumps in the plant
- Pulp and paper
- Lime fertilizer
- acid inactivity